Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Prep Time

This Blogger idea is going to be a great way for me to keep my family and friends updated on my world in Costa Rica. Thanks to Maria and Michael for the grand idea. So I leave in just about two weeks for my PC staging in Washington, DC. Hey, don't I already live there? Yes, but this will be different. Have I actually ever stayed the night in the city? No. So it will be fun to experience DC in a different way than normal with all of my new PC friends.

I am ready to go. Well, mentally anyway. I still need to buy a few things yet and actually pack. Finishing up my job at Bombay would probably be a good idea also. I wish I could figure out a great gift idea for the two host families I will be living with. Something travelable and inexpensive yet nice with America written all over it (OK, well not literally). Any ideas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz,
Good to see you are ready to go. I've been thinking about you alot. Sorry I missed ya when you came up to visit the last time. I'll keep checking your site for updates. Take care.
Love ya,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I think that this is a great idea to stay in touch with everybody.
I will probably annoy you and leave a lot of messages :)
Love
Ergun

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am so excited for you! You are going to have an incredible experience and you'll speak Spanish way better than me! Can't wait to come and see you and all your tico friends!
Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled you are blogging! Now we can live vicariously through you while you do all the work! We're going to miss you. :)

Maria

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

I hope that you have a great flight down to Costa Rica. Wow, two years of stuff into only three luggages. I am very impressed. LOL.
Have alot of fun, keep smiling, explore and learn a different culture, and most important know that you will not be alone The world is a small place. Your family and friends, including me will be here to support you. Take care and DONT PARTY TOOOO MUCHHHH.
Love
Ergun

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I just wanted to wish you safe travel to Costa Rica. I'm sure this will be a great experience! It will be fun to read your postings throughout your stay. Have Fun!

Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

Amyy,
So glad that you made it safely down to CR. Looks like you have some great company surrounding you. Im sure you will be even more comfortable when you move in with your host family. Anyways, have fun and keep us updated.

Love

Ergun