Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pura Vida!

Pura Vida! These are words chanted around the country. It´s the catch all phrase. How are you doing? Pura Vida! How do you feel? Pura Vida! How was your night? Pura Vida! Thanks for asking. I am finally here in my barrio of Dolce Nombre de Coronado de San Jose. If you think that is confusing, try asking for directions or an address around here. CR does not use street addresses. Rarely do people even know the name of the street they live on. Instead, they base the location of something off of the location of someplace else. 300 meters to the left of where the old Catholic Church used to be and then turn right, then 4oo meters ahead on the left is where my house is located. OK, that´s not really how to get to my house, but that is how they address mail around here. Next time I promise to write about mi familia and my mama Sarita who is very good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. This all sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. This all sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that no one can visit you for 2 years because everyone will be like "Donde esta Amy?" Oh well, we'll get Waldo to find you. Ciao bella.

Anonymous said...

Amy, we want to know. "Cuando casaras con tu novio guapo?"