Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Was it really that bad?

Everyone has been asking, "So, was your Christmas really as bad as you thought it would be?" And the honest answer is, YES! Now, I know all my blogs come across as sarcastic and really bitter but it all really is the honest truth. Plus, I have to keep my customers entertained. So here it goes with the real story of Christmas.

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, no one was there, only the mouse (and cockroaches). But to where did all the people go? To the neighbors to attend a Rosario. There was chanting of hymns and beer and bad food, I was really tired and just not in the mood. So we returned to the house a little after one, so we could go to bed and be rested for a big day of fun! In the middle of the night, I placed presents under the tree to awaken in the morning to find there was nothing for me! Christmas day in Costa Rica was a day like any other, with soup from a packet and no call from my brother. Then what to my wondering stomach did appear, but a toilet full of vomit and no one to hear. It was off to the orphanage at a quarter past five, to eat rice and beans as my Christmas dinner surprise. The kids were all happy with their day full of glee and this made me happy, it was the best thing to see. It was back to my casa where I found coca-cola on the table, which kept me company as I finished my day on the couch with a movie of Harry Potter which helped keep me stable. To this I say, a Christmas I will never forget, can't wait for next year, hopefully with a different mindset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny... LOL!!!
At least it left an impression!
How long did it take you to script that????
Even if you get only one present from now on, that will be better than none!!!!

The Mom not wanting to put up a tree should have been an indication that there wouldn't be any presents!
How long will the tree remain up and will you help take it down? Shouldn't take too long!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and a toast to Christmas 2006 looking better than ever!!! CHEERS!!!

PS. No call from you bro???

Anonymous said...

Brother was pouting because too many gifts to wrap, but when he heard little sis complaining, he started crying.
Little sis needs to chill since big brother pays the bill for little gift under the hill.