Saturday, May 05, 2007

April showers bring lots of work.







Another month has passed and I’ve finally got something to show for it. In April I took my domestic violence group to a one day event with other Peace Corps volunteers and their students. My group put together a puppet show about peace and violence to raise money to paint t-shirts for the event with messages of peace. We were the only group to do this for an artful reflection and everyone else loved the t-shirts. My students had a great time. My friend and fellow PCV accompanied us for the day. Unfortunately my design is on the back of my shirt. The same weekend, I spent about 13 hours painting the name on the church in my barrio. This was volunteer work of course. It turned out well for a first time experience but I am glad that it is over. Last week we took the preschoolers and kindergardeners to the pottery town of Guaitil (where I make my ceramics) for a field trip. They all had a good time playing with clay and eating popscicles. There are also a few photos of some of the projects I have completed in the preschool classroom. This past Sunday I spent the day at the beach with another PCV so I figured I’d send along a picture to entice people to come visit. School teaching and orphanage work always continues but now it is time for a vacation. I will be spending the next two weeks touring Panama with a friend. An update of that adventure to follow. My best goes out to everyone.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute t-shirts!
You deserve a vacation...
exploring Panama sounds like fun.
Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I have not been on your blog for awhile, you have been working so hard! The church name looks incredible!
Couldn't you have tinted that picture or something and made me not look so pale next to you?!!