Saturday, June 09, 2007

Happenings from May







Greetings from Santa Cruz!

It’s now June and I need to give a shout out to my dear friend Caroline Lynch who had a birthday at the beginning of the month. Sorry I couldn’t be there to share it with you but count me in for next year!

The month of May found me frolicking around Panama with my new Austrian friend Nadine who I just happened to meet when she was volunteering here in my orphanage during April. Upon meeting we became instant friends and she invited me to travel with her for two weeks throughout Panama. With the idea in the works for only one short week, we were on our way to check out the islands of Bocas del Toro, the mountain town of Boquete, Panama City and the islands of San Blas (the most beautiful place I have ever seen). While traveling we made friends from all over the world who shared their experiences and life stories with us. From the three Colombian cousins in Bocas to the 70 year old Canadian woman traveling alone to the Kunas (the indigionous people of San Blas), to the 28 year old Isralian business tycoon living in Panama City. It was a trip Nadine and I will never forget. A wonderful friendship blossomed in Panama.

Nadine has since returned to her country and I am back to the grind of PC life. I have my close of service conference next week (yikes!), English classes begin the week after that....and no, those are not for me to relearn how to speak my native language...and I have diligently been planning a three day retreat for 5th and 6th graders from my school for the second week of July. I’ve also received a few solicitations of visitor interest that may or may not be happening before September, si Dios quiere!

Before I close, I ask everyone to keep my dear grandmother, May, in their prayers as she has been having a lot of struggles with her health. I love you Gramay!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read your June posting and it's now the end of August! Guess Gramay never got to read it. Have been seeing lots of butterflies!
Glad you got to experience Panama and meet all those people and made a life time friend in the process.